ĐỀ TRẮC NGHIỆM 5
Chọn từ có trọng âm nhấn vào âm tiết ở vị trí khác:
1. A. contents
2. A. consider
3. A. argument
4. A. chemical
5. A. contaminate
Chọn đáp án để hoàn thành câu:
6. I am sure they will be very……….. at your success.
7. If you want to put up a tent, you will have to look for a nice flat piece of …………
8. The day-to-day ………. of the company is left to a board of directors at the top.
D. all are correct
9. …………… , he was unharmed after being hit by lightning.
10. I think its a bit …….. to hope that we can beat them easily. They are much
younger and better.
11. Noboby can approve of his ……….. to work. He is so irresponsible.
12. The old man is …….. of walking 100 meters by himself.
13. I ……….. an important phone call from America. Could you tell me when it
A. had expected
B. have been expecting
D. am expecting
14. I …………… a better job, and I am going to accept it.
A. was offering
B. have been offered
C. was going to be offered
D. am offering
15. Why are you whispering to each other? If you have something important
………..., say it aloud to all of us.
A. to say
16. You look so tired! You ………….out too late last night.
A. had to be
B. should have been
C. had been
D. must have been
17. Each of the 4 types of human …………..suited for a specific purpose.
A. tooth are
B. teeth is
C. tooth is
D. teeth are
18. ……….my friends has watched the film yet.
B. Not any of
D. None of
19. In many countries there are national companies belonging to the state,
B. as well
C. together with
D. but also
20. We all know that it is important ………. medical directions to be understood
21. We are considering having………………….for the coming New Year.
A. redecorated our flat
B. to redecorate our flat
C. our flat to be redecorated
D. our flat redecorated
22. ………… chooses to be honest is, certainly, nearer to God.
C. Anyone of us
23. That honest man always speaks ……………. is true even if it is bitter.
A. that it
24. The progress made in computer technology …………. the early 1960s is
25. Did you apologise to Mary, …………….?
A. who you spilt some coffee on her dress
B. you spilt some coffee on her dress
C. whose dress you spilt some coffee
D. whose dress you spilt some coffee on
Đọc bài văn, chọn đáp án điền vào chỗ trống:
Many of the things we do (26)……… on receiving information from other people.
Catching a train, making a phone call and going to the cinema all involve information
(27)……. stored, processed and communicated. In the past this information had to be
kept on paper (28)……….., for example, books, newspapers and timetables. Now
more and more information is put (29)………. computers.
Computers play a role in our everyday lives, sometimes without us even realising
it. (30)………. the use of computers in both shops and offices. Big shops have to deal
with very large (31)………….. of information. They have to make sure that there are
enough goods on the shelves for customers to buy, they need to be able to reorder
before (32)……… run out. A lot of office work in the past involved information on
paper. Once it had been dealt with by people, the paper was (33)……..… for future
reference. This way of working was never (34)…………….. easy or fast. A computer
system is much more (35)……. .
26. A. to depend
27. A. that has
D. that is
28. A. in the case of
B. in the form of
C. in preparation for
D. in search of
29. A. on
30. A. To be considered
B. To consider
D. Be considered
31. A. amount
32. A. stocks
33. A. thrown away
B. torn off
C. put aside
34. A. particularised
35. A. effective
Đọc bài văn, chọn đáp án điền vào chỗ trống:
Radio, telegraph, television and other inventions brought (36)………for newspapers.
(37)……….. the development of magazines and other means of communication.
However, newspapers quickly (38)………. of the newer and faster means of
communication to improve the speed and (39)…………of their own operations.
Today more newspapers are (40)………….. and read than ever before.
Newspapers are sold at prices (41)……….. to cover the cost of production. The main
source of income for (42)…………..newspapers is commercial advertising. The
ability (43)………… advertising depends on a newspapers value to advertisers. This
(44)…………in terms of circulation. Circulation depends on the work of the
circulation department and on the services or entertainment offered in a newspapers
(45)……. But for the most part, circulation depends on a newspapers value to readers
as a source of information about the community, nation, and world.
36. A. facilities
37. A. So had
B. Therefore had
C. So did
D. Therefore did
38. A. made use
B. took the place
C. got the control
D. did an action
39. A. convenience
40. A. printed
41. A. that are failed
B. that fail
C. have failed
42. A. the most
B. most of
43. A. to sell
B. to buy
C. for selling
D. for buying
44. A. headlines
45. A. critics
B. ordinary people
Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời câu hỏi:
Reducing your intake of sweet foods is one way to keep your teeth healthy. The least
cavity-causing way to eat sweets is to have them with meals and not between. The
number of times you eat sweets rather than the total amount determine how much
harmful acid the bacteria in your saliva produces. But the amount of sweets influences
the quanlity of your saliva. Avoid, if you can, sticky sweets that stay in your mounth a
long time. Also try to brush and floss your teeth after eating sugary foods. Even
rinsing your mouth with water is effective. Whenever possible, eat foods with fiber,
such as raw carrot sticks, apples, etc... that scrape off plaque, acting as a toothbrush.
Cavities can be greatly reduced if these rules are followed when eating sweets.
46. What does the passage mainly discuss?
A. A healthy diet
B. Food with fiber
C. Sweets and cavities
D. Tooth decay
47. What can be concluded from the passage about sweets?
A. All sweets should be avoided.
B. It is better to eat sweets a little at a time throughout the day.
C. Sweets should be eaten with care.
D. Sticky sweets are less harmful that other sweets.
48. It can be inferred from the passsage that foods with fiber are….
49. According to the passage the value of eating foods with fiber is that ……
A. they contain vitamin A
B. they are less expensive than a toothbrush
C. they are able to remove plaque from your teeth
D. they contain no sugar
50. The author states that the amount of acid produced by bacteria in your saliva
A. with the amount of sweets you eat
B. with the number of times you eat sweets
C. if you eat sweets with your meals
D. if you eat sticky sweets
51. The word intake is closest in meaning to ……
A. desire for
B. ingestion of
C. purchase of
D. investment in
52 The word cavity -causing is closest in meaning to ……
53. The word influences is closest in meaning to ……
54. The word scrape off is closest in meaning to ……
B. rob together with
55. All of the following are mentioned about the way to keep your teeth healthy
A. consume less sweet foods
B. brush and floss your teeth
C. have your teeth checked every 6 months
D. eat foods with fiber
Đọc đoạn văn và trả lời câu hỏi:
In addition to providing energy, fats have other functions in the body. The fat-soluble
vitamins, A, D, E, and K, are dissolved in fats, as their name implies. Good source of
these vitamins have high oil or fat content, and the vitamins are stored in the bodys
fatty tissues. In the diet, fats cause food to remain longer in the stomach, thus
increasing the feeling of fullness for some time after a meal is eaten.
Fats add variety, taste and texture to foods, which accounts for the popularity of fried
foods. Fatty deposits in body have an insulating and protective value. The curves of
the human female body are due mostly to strategically located fat deposits. Whether a
certain amount of fat in the diet is essential to human health is not definitely known.
When rats are fed a fat-free diet, their growth eventually ceases, their skin becomes
inflamed and scaly and their reproductive systems are damaged. Two fatty acids,
linoleic and arachidonic acids, prevent these abnormalities and hence are called
essential fatty acids. They are also required by a number of other animals, but their
roles in human beings are debatable. Most nutritionists consider linoleic fatty acid an
essential nutrient for humans.
56. The passage probably appears in which of the following?
A. A diet book
B. A book on basic nutrition
C. A cookbook
D. A popular womens magazine
57. The word “functions” is closest in meaning to …….
58. All of the following vitamins are stored in the bodys fatty tissues except……
A. vitamin A
B. vitamin D
C. vitamin B
D. vitamin E
59. The phrase “stored in” is closest in meaning to …….
A. manufactured in
B. attached to
C. measured by
D. accumulated in
60. The author states that fats serve all of the following body functions except
A. promote the feeeling of fullnesss
B. insulate and protect the body
C. provide energy
D. control weight gain
61. The word “essential” is closest in meaning to …….
A. required for
B. desired for
C. similar to
D. beneficial to
62. Which of the following is true for rats when they are fed a fat-free diet?
A. They stop growing.
B. They have more babies.
C. They lose body hair.
D. They require less care.
63. Linoleic fatty acid is mentioned as …….
A. an essential nutrient for humans
B. more useful than arachidonic acid
C. prevent weight gain in rats
D. a nutrient found in most foods
64. The phrases “ abnormalities” refers to …….
A. a condition caused by fried foods
B. strategically located fat deposits
C. curves of the human female body
D. end of growth, bad skin, and damaged reproductive systems
65. That humans should all have some fat in our diets is ………
A. a commonly held view
B. not yet a proven fact
C. only true for women
D. proven to be true by experiments on rats
Chọn phần gạch chân cần được sửa
66. We educate our children as well as we can, because an educational population is
the key to future.
A. as well as
C. educational population
67. The more frequent you exercise, the greater physical endurance you will have.
D. will have
68. It is believed that in the near future robots will be used to doing things such as
B. the near future
C. be used to doing
D. such as
69. Robots in the home might not be enough creative to do the cooking, plan the meal
and so on.
A. the home
C. enough creative
70. It is becoming extremely difficult to grow enough to feed the worlds rapidly
B. extremely difficult
C. to feed
D. increased population
Chọn một câu có nghĩa gần nhất với câu cho sẵn:
71. Tom has the ability to be a professional musician, but he's too lazy to practice.
A. He is able to practice music lessons professionally though he is lazy.
B. As a professional musician he is not lazy to practice music lessons.
C. He is talented but he'll never be a professional musician as he doesn't practice.
D. Though practicing lazily, he is a professional musician.
72. She couldnt find the classroom until after the class had begun.
A. She went to the wrong class.
B. She was late for class because she had got lost.
C. She missed the class.
D. She had some trouble finding the class but she arrived on time.
73. The book costs $15, 50 but I have only $14, 50.
A. I have more than enough money to pay for the book.
B. The book costs a little more than I have with me.
C. I have just enough money to pay for the book.
D. I need a few more dollars to pay for the book.
74. My father likes nothing better than fishing on a hot, summer day.
A. My father doesn't like fishing on a hot, summer day.
B. Although he likes fishing he doesn't want to do it on a hot, summer day.
C. Fishing is my father's favourite enjoyment on a hot, summer day.
D. Fishing is better than doing nothing on a hot, summer day.
75. If I hadn't had so much work to do I would have gone to the movies.
A. I never go to the movies if I have work to do.
B. I would go to the movies when I had done so much work.
C. A lot of work couldn't prevent me from going to the movies.
D. Because I had to do so much work I couldn't go to the movies.
Chọn câu được viết tốt nhất với các từ cho sẵn:
76. worlds oceans / vast / cope / present levels / pollution
A. The worlds oceans are so vast that they can cope with the present levels of
B. The worlds oceans are too vast to cope with the present levels of pollution.
C. The worlds oceans are very vast although they can cope with the present levels of
D. The worlds oceans are vast so that they can cope with the present levels of
77. robots / use / slaves , therefore , / free / people / do / more of the things / want.
A. Robots used slaves, therefore, people freeing them to do more of the things they
B. Robots would be used like slaves, therefore, free people can do more of the
things they want.
C. Robots would be used as slaves, therefore, freeing people to do more of the things
D. Robots use is like slaves, therefore, free people do for them more of the things
78. way / protect / all the wildlife / must / find/ many species / in danger of extiction
A. A way to protect all the wildlife must find as many species are in danger of
B. A way is protected for all the wildlife, finding any species which are in danger of
C. A way protects all the wildlife that are found among many species in danger of
D. A way of protecting all the wildlife must be found as many species are in danger
79. persons choice / occupation / probably / most important / ever have / made
A. A persons choice of occupation is probably the most important one that ever has
to be made.
B. A persons choice about occupation is probably most important one to have
C. A persons choice from occupation is probably the most important one ever has to
D. A persons choice among occupation is probably most important ever
80. my opinion / unfair / women / more duties / husbands
A. According to my opinion it is unfair when women have more duties than their
B. In my opinion it is unfair that women have more duties than their husbands.
C. My opinion is unfair for women to have more duties than their husbands.
D. My opinion, which seems to be unfair, is that women should have more duties
than their husbands.
ĐÁP ÁN ĐỀ TRẮC NGHIỆM 5